Previously I had only use chicken thigh or chicken breast for this dish however I went camping during easter break and my fren served this with chicken wing, she cut it into little pieces and I am converted now ha ha. The chicken meat remain sweet and juicy, i find that sometimes chicken breast or thigh can get tough and dried if i overcook it (always ha ha). You can steam this in rice cooker (if it fits) or steaming pan.
- 5 chicken wings cut into pieces
- 6 dried mushroom (soaked) halved
- 2 dried black fungus (soaked) cut in striped
- handful dried lily buds (soaked)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tbsp hsiao sing wine
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into pieces (or you can just cut them to two parts – winglet and drumette)
- in a bowl, mix all sauces together, add in chicken – marinate for at least 1 hr, before steaming add in mushroom black fungus and lily buds in, make sure that sauces is coated evenly.
- on a steaming plate , steam for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.