A few months ago my sister sent me link to a Japanese Online groceries site which sell frozen dried anchovies. She was told to eat more dried anchovies as it is a great source of calcium. Today when I am going through my pantry, I saw a pack of dried anchovies sitting in the pantry untouched, I must have bought it then thinking that i could do with calcium booster ha ha.
- 3/4 cup dried anchovies (deep fried)
- 1/2 cup peanut (deep fried)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp homemade chilli paste
- 4 tbsp tamarind water
- 3 cloves slice shallot
- 1/2 tbsp Kecap Manis (sweet soya sauce)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- in a nonstick wok, add in oil and shallot, stir till fragrant and add in chilli paste, stir for a minute and then add anchovies and peanut in, make sure the chilli paste is coated evenly and then add tamarind water , kecap manis and sugar in.
- stir for 3-4 minutes until sugar has melt and caramelised. ready to serve